The Pulaski County Medical Society (PCMS) is the largest county medical society in Arkansas and was the second medical organization incorporated in the State of Arkansas in 1866. Few organizations have had the privilege of contributing to the growth and health of the community as the Pulaski County Medical Society. From poliomyelitis mass immunizations in the 50’s and 60’s to clean air initiatives in the 21st century, PCMS physicians remain at the forefront of local public health issues.
There is ample opportunity for participation in organized medicine through committee service. Physicians often move from positions of responsibility at the county level to state and national leadership roles. A significant benefit of membership in the Society is the Pulaski County Medical Exchange – the only emergency medical answering service in Central Arkansas that is exclusive to physicians.